Here are some basic steps to change the Conductor Dac PCB (PCM1793/ESS Sabre32) in a few minutes.
Thanks to our friends at Headmania.me
1. The first thing is to assure you have unplugged the power from Conductor.
2. The second thing you have to do is to find a rectangular screw driver to open the Conductor’s case.
3. Get the top off by turning Conductor upside down or just a little on the side.
4. You can see the DAC pcb on the second level fixed into 4 screws. Get the screws off and pull the pcb gently:
5. Locate the 3 places to insert the new pcb (1 in front, 2 in the back), assure that all the pins entered correctly and press gently:
You can find the full listening impressions Here.